Semester at Sea (SAS) invites you to set sail on the world’s most unique floating college campus! Learning has never been this exciting as Semester at Sea’s passenger ship brings together students from all walks of life in a shipboard classroom setting and in 10+ countries around the globe.
This one-of-a-kind study abroad program is the adventure of a lifetime, giving students a chance to travel to 10+ countries across 2-3 continents, earn 12-15 college credits, and make friendships and memories that will last a lifetime.
Exclusive $20K Scholarship Opportunity for Fall 2024!
Students attending HBCUs who are interested in sailing on Semester at Sea’s Fall 2024 Voyage are encouraged to apply for our HBCU Research Fellowship. Up to 5 eligible students will each receive a $20,000 scholarship. Fellows will be required to participate in a seminar to present their research project idea, and write (with the support of our communications team) three (3) blog articles throughout their voyage so that we may follow the progress of the project. Learn more about this scholarship.
Why should you apply? Hear from current Fall 2023 voyager and HBCU Scholar, Phylicia, about her experience:
“You should apply if you just have a love for HBCUs, your HBCU or those around the world! Everybody should do Semester at Sea because it offers an experience– whether it be learning, travel, or just a new global perspective in a way that no other institution, externship, internship, or job can do. Semester at Sea is the perfect fit for that.”- Phylicia, NC A&T
Semester at Sea accepts applications year-round on a rolling basis and encourages traditional undergraduate college students to earn admission in the following five easy steps:
- Contact Your Admissions Counselor to help guide and support you throughout the admissions process.
- Apply Online and pay the non-refundable application fee of $75 to start the review process. **If you apply by Dec. 15, 2023 you can use this code to waive your application fee: HBCUBuzz
- Get Accepted and Pay a $1,000 refundable deposit to reserve your cabin for the voyage. Your deposit is credited toward your program fees, and it is fully refundable up until the final payment deadline, usually around 90 days before your voyage begins.
- Explore Funding Options. About 60% of voyagers receive some type of financial aid. You don’t necessarily need to qualify for financial aid from your home university to be eligible for a grant or scholarship from Semester at Sea.
- Meet Your Shipmates and Start Packing. Start connecting with other future voyagers and SAS alumni on social media using #semesteratsea.
SAS is open to learners at all stages of life, including gap year students, and undergraduate students, recent college graduates who meet the admissions requirements. Non-student adults travelers aged 30+ can also experience SAS through its Lifelong Learning Program.
Learn more about Semester at Sea!
Source link : hbcubuzz.com